See the complete recipe below, so you can print it out and have it handy.
- 4 turkey legs, washed and dried with paper towels
- ½ cup butter
- 6 garlic cloves
- ½ cup parsley
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme
- 1 sage leaf
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven at 325˚F.
- In a food processor, combine butter, garlic, herbs to form a creamy herb butter.
- Peel away the turkey legs' skin and insert some of the butter mixture between the skin and the meat.
- Now apply the herbed butter with a brush all over the turkey leg.
- Put an oven bag inside a dutch oven and then add the celery, carrots and onions inside of the bag .
- Put the turkey legs inside the bag on top of the vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Tie the bag and bake the turkey for an hour and thirty minutes. Tip: put the dutch oven in the middle.
- Take out of the oven, carefully untie the bag so the vapor does not burn you and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve the turkey legs without the vegetables.
Find more recipes on our YouTube channel.
Photo: Enriqueta Lemoine
Encuentra esta receta en español: Muslos de pavo al horno para Acción de Gracias