Calling all candy corn fans! This delicious milk-based gelatin recipe was inspired by your favorite candy. Also, when trying to come up with desserts for Thanksgiving, I realized I have yet to meet a child who does not like jello or gelatin. I came up with this gelatin, which is prepared with milk, so it also provides protein. Its colors are also perfect for any fall party.
It’s really easy to prepare and the milk gives it an almost creamy consistency. For each jello or gelatin packet, you are going to add a cup of hot water, and once dissolved, you add a cup of cold milk.
Although my boys are teenagers, both are eagerly awaiting my candy corn milk gelatin. It is perfect not only for snack time, but also for dessert, especially for the Thanksgiving table.
Candy Corn Gelatin Dessert Cups Recipe
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 packet orange gelatin or jello
- 1 packet lemon gelatin or jello
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a bowl with 1 cup of boiling water, dissolve the orange gelatin until it has no lumps. Add 1 cup of cold milk, mix well and serve in 6 individual glass cups. Refrigerate until the gelatin sets, at least 1 hour.
- In a bowl with 1 cup of boiling water, dissolve the lemon gelatin until it has no lumps. Add 1 cup of cold milk, mix well and serve in the glass molds. Refrigerate until the gelatin sets, at least 1 hour.
- In a bowl with 1 cup of boiling milk, dissolve the unflavored gelatin until it has lumps. Add the remaining cup of cold milk, sugar and vanilla extract. Mix well and serve in glass molds. Refrigerate until the gelatin sets, at least 1 hour.
Lee en español: Receta de gelatina de leche tipo candy corn para Acción de Gracias