If you still haven’t found something for that special mom in your life, these last minute Mother’s Day gift ideas can help. Just keep in mind what she really enjoys, because not all moms enjoy the same things.
For example, if she’s never set foot in the gym, don’t get her workout clothes. And unless she’s a baker and really loves cooking, avoid a mixer or any kind of kitchen appliance. In general, anything that pampers Mom is a yes, while anything that will make her work on her special day is a definite NO.
7 Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
- Gift certificates: for the spa, a blow dry, a manicure, pedicure or her favorite store.
- New handbag or clutch: think beyond a shoulder bag. If you can’t spend much, check out the beach bags at large stores. You can find great deals that are on trend, because anything with pompons, raffia or woven textures are in style.
- A beauty gift basket. Make your own beauty basket or box. You can easily make a very original one using sheet masks. My personal favorites? Sheet masks from Clarins, Neutrogena and Garnier, but at Riley Rose you can find lesser known brand names at incredible prizes, plus Korean cult brands.
- Her favorite perfume. Yes, choosing the right perfume can be overwhelming, but you can’t go wrong by gifting the scent she wears every single day. Just go and check which bottle seems emptier, so you can be sure you get her favorite perfume.
- A photo book or album. You can order a photo book from Shutterfly or make it at a local drugstore or retailer that has photo services. It’s such a wonderful, personalized gift! Just make sure you have enough pictures on your phone or stored in a digital format.
- Makeup palettes or a makeup brush set. Beauty lover can never have enough makeup. Just choose a palette if you’re overwhelmed by the idea of putting colors together. Urban Decay’s Naked and limited edition Backtalk palettes are some of my top choices. L’Oreal Paris also has beautiful yet affordable eye, highlighting and lip palettes. When it comes to makeup brush sets, Mary Kay has lovely sets and EcoTools is budget-friendly yet beautifully presented.
- Accessories such as earrings, bracelets or necklaces. Don’t think you have to spend a small fortune on jewelry for Mother’s Day. There are stunning and chic pieces for every budget. If that special mom in your life enjoys wearing good luck charms, like elephants or hamsas, she’ll love one like the big necklace from Citrine Jewelry. Giselle Blondet also launched a new bijouterie collection called Gi and her bracelets are gorgeous.
Last but not least, don’t forget to include a card. You can find printable free Mother’s Day cards here.