I never thought a pleated midi skirt would be so versatile. First of all, I was not always a fan of this length, which confused me and I honestly did not think it would be very flattering. I was wrong!
In recent months I bought three pleated midi skirts, in red, silver and blush, which is one of the hottest colors of the season. Every single time I wear my skirts, my friends ask me where I bought them. The good news is that there are midi skirts for all budgets and tastes. You can find pricey versions by top designers, like Marc Jacobs, or get the look for much less with options from Forever 21, Top Shop o Macys. My own pleated midi skirts are from Top Shop and Zara.
5 ways to wear a pleated midi skirt
- With a denim jacket. Denim quickly dresses down your look and gives a fresh touch to your outfit.
- With an off the shoulder blouse. This is a more refined, but modern look, since cold shoulder tops are still fashionable. Tip: Tuck your blouse in so that you highlight your waist.
- With a t-shirt. This is a very simple way to to achieve a relaxed, casual look. Tip: wear the midi skirt with a fitted top, and avoid loose or shapeless t-shirts . Tops with lycra or elastane usually conform better to the body.
- With a sweatshirt. You probably have heard how big the whole athleisure trend is, and many fashionistas pair off a pleated midi skirt with a sweatshirt. For an even edgier look, wear platform shoes (like oxfords) or sneakers. Wear heels if you wish to look more refined.
- With booties. Short boots, shoeties or booties, especially caged ones, complement very well most pleated midi skirts. If you want your legs to look longer and leaner, choose shoes with a thin heel.
Note: This article may include affiliate links to help support this blog.
Lee en español: 5 maneras de usar una falda midi plisada